Messy Church is a church for young families who may not find other forms of church relevant to their family’s needs.
The concept began in the UK in 2004 and has spread world-wide. Since Messy Church began in Australia in 2010, around 200 churches of different denominations are offering Messy Church as an alternative to their more conventional form of church.
Our Yamba Messy Church is now in its 5th year. The organising team is highly committed to presenting Jesus and His teachings in a relevant way that is appropriate for modern children and families.
Team members are of an outstanding calibre and choose to assist in those segments of the program that their gifting and abilities best suit. It is a privilege to be part of this team that meets twice monthly for de-brief, preparation and prayer.
Messy Church meets on the 1st Friday of the month from 5-7pm and has the following elements, all chosen to reinforce the theme for the day:
- Welcome: A relaxed time over drinks and snacks for families to catch up with each
- Group time: When we introduce the theme, and watch a short video
- Game: A fun time for all ages, for example chariot racing, guiding a blind-folded partner through a water bomb
- Crafts: To take home and remind children and adults of the theme while building new skills and a sense of
- Celebration: Often involving puppets telling the story, or a skit and song and
- Sharing a delicious home-cooked meal
If you would like more information, please contact Pam Coulson on 6645 8121